Are ghosts real?
I'm certain that prehistoric man would have asked themselves that same question "are ghosts real". I'm also certain they would have wondered in awe at the life-force that animated not only them, their fellow humans but even the animals within their midst.
Grave sites have been found in Iraq, Croatia and Israel that are believed to be at least 60,000 years old, and these most likely are not even be the oldest graves in the world! I truly believe that these primitive humans would not have bothered burying their clan and family members with items, trinkets and talismans that they believed would be needed by the dead in their next life, unless they had some belief system on the continuation of this life-force, and of life after death. I'm also certain they wondered where that life-force went, when they did encounter, the death of one of their fellow humans.
A former skeptic
I originally opened this website back in October of 2009. Before that time, I suppose I would have to admit that I was totally skeptical when it came to ghosts and the paranormal and only believed in ghosts, as something for Hollywood movies or TV programs, or those who were so afraid of death and dying that they needed the hopes of an afterlife. But after some unusual events happened to me, in my own home, events that some may consider paranormal, which I mention elsewhere in this website. I had no choice but to open my mind a bit and concede, that perhaps there was something to the paramormal and that ghosts just might exist. I would not say I was a believer at that time and I still had my doubts and reservations. I believed that some, if not all of these events could be explained by natural phenomena.
I would have to say that I sat right on the middle of that proverbial fence with my beliefs and I sat there until I became interested in EVP or electronic voice phenomena. I watched quite a few of the TV programs about ghost hunting, but was not very impressed with any of the EVP that they presented as evidence of the reality of ghosts. I did not necessarily believe that these programs were faked but I was a skeptical of their EVP and thought most of it was just random sounds or noises that sounded like words, it's a mental phenomena referred to as auditory pareidolia.
After becoming interested in EVP, I went out and bought myself a digital voice recorder and felt compelled to attempt a few EVP sessions of my own, in my own home. The reasoning behind doing this, was with the hopes that I would either dismiss this phenomena as a simple misinterpretation of the background noise and hiss, or I would convince myself of the reality of EVP as something paranormal. After doing a few dozen EVP sessions, I have come to the conclusion that there is definitely something paranormal going on in my home, something that I cannot explain. After doing just this small amount of research on my own, in my own home, there are a few things I can say with absolute confidence.
- I absolutely DO NOT believe EVP are stray radio frequencies as some skeptics and scientists like to assert. I say this because stray radio frequencies would not respond to direct enquiries.
- I also DO NOT believe they are fragments of cell phone or CB radio conversations for the same reason.
- can also state that some may, in fact, be auditory pareidolia, but I also believe that most are definitely words and/or phrases being articulated in some manner and sometimes these voices seem to respond to direct enquiries.
- I can also state with absolute certainty that NONE and I do repeat NONE of the EVP samples provided by myself on this website are faked or hoaxed in anyway.
- I am not going to say that these voices are ghosts, spirits or any other paranormal type phenomena, but I absolutely do believe they are paranormal in origin.
Does this mean that I now believe that ghosts are real? Not necessarily! I cannot say with absolute certainty that ghosts are real, no one can! But I do have to admit that EVP has changed my perspective from that of an open minded skeptic to one who now believes there most likely is something to the paranormal, and ghosts do exist.