Ghost stories

ghost stories

The following ghost and paranormal stories have been submitted by visitors to my website. They are the stories of real people, about real events that have happened to them. Whether the events depicted in these ghost stories are paranormal or not, I cannot say, simply because I was not there. But I am sure that the people who submitted these stories believe they are. I have used the real names of the people who submitted these paranormal stories only with their permission.

If you have a ghost stories of your own, one that you would like to submit, and perhaps see on this website, I would love to hear it and perhaps even publish it. All I ask only that you be realistic and not submit something that is obviously fake or phony. You'll only waste your time and mine. But if you do have what you believe to be an authentic paranormal event or ghost story that you would like to share it, then please follow this link to submit it. If you don't want your real name used just let me know and I'll use submitted by anonymous.

Kanaka Pete? A tragic loss Holy Friday Mystery
Electrical wire mystery Paper Money Mystery Voices in the head.
Dad's house! Haunted? Haunted PLQ Building Haunted painting
MalevolentGhosts A fathers story Haunted Hospital
Is it back? Shaking bed A Personal Story

Camping Horror! With Kanaka Pete?

In the fall of 2007 I was attending University in Nanaimo BC, Canada. A few weeks before Halloween my boyfriend and I took the guided, haunted tour of Nanaimo. During the tour we heard the story of Kanaka Pete.

Kanaka Pete was a big Hawaiian that lived in Nanaimo with his native wife and their infant daughter. In 1867, after a night of drinking, Kanaka Pete returned home to find his wife's parents in his home and his wife told him she was leaving him. Pete left and got totally intoxicated. He returned around midnight to find his Father-in-law in the act of adultery (incest) with Pete's wife, while the Mother-in-law watched and the baby lay beside them. In a drunken fit of rage Pete grabbed an axe and did not stop swinging until his wife, her parents and his daughter were all chopped into pieces.

He fled to Newcastle Island where he was hunted down and captured. After a rushed trial he was hung. He vowed he would return and have vengeance. This scared the locals to the point that neither the Europeans nor Natives wanted him buried on their land. He was taken to Newcastle Island, a former smallpox colony that was uninhabited and they buried him in a makeshift, unmarked grave.

Our tour guide told us that his evil spirit still lurks on the far side of Newcastle Island looking for revenge and to never be on the far side of Newcastle Island after dark. This was the most interesting of all the ghost stories we heard that night. My boyfriend and I thought it would be real exciting to go camping on Newcastle Island the following Saturday, especially because it was close to Halloween with the thrill of maybe finding out more about Kanaka Pete.

When we got to the Island we saw signs saying no camping beyond this point. We spoke with one old timer there and were told that for our safety it was dangerous to camp past the signs. He told us spirits that have unfinished business still roams near their graves and that Kanaka Pete is confined to a certain area of the Island. We set up our camp on the safe side. While we were camping we saw some people in kayaks heading towards the far side of the Island. We never saw them return. Before dark we took a little hike part way on the far side of the Island. We came across the body of a dead rabbit with its head chopped off. It looked as though it had just happened. That was really freaky as we did not see anyone around there. We headed straight back to camp.

When we took the little ferry over to Newcastle it was a calm sunny day, during the night it got cloudy and the winds came up making it even spookier. The winds became very high and the night air became chilling cold.

During the night we started to hear some of the scariest noises. Shortly after we went into our tent for the night we thought we heard a scream coming from the far side of the Island. This really spooked us. Not too long after that we heard more terrifying screaming followed by the sound of chopping. This happened many times throughout the night. It was the most terrifying thing we had ever heard. We wanted to leave the Island but the little ferry would not be back until morning. We were chilled to the bone with fright. Shortly after midnight we heard what sounded like a fierce demonic roar and more screaming followed by violent chopping then the most eerie laughter. Needless to say we spent the entire night huddled together scared to death. We tried calling on our cell phones but we had no reception all through the night, we had reception earlier in the day and the next morning.

Before that night I did not believe in ghosts and thought ghost stories were fun and amusing but after my experience, that has now changed.

That was the most frightening and horrific night of my life. I believe there is something very evil on the far side of that Island; we could feel it and we did hear it! I will never forget that cold October night on Newcastle Island and I believe to this day the ghost of the evil axe murder Kanaka Pete was nearby. If we would had ignored the warning signs and camped on the far side of the Island that night, I feel we would never have returned.
Story submitted by L. Marie

A tragic loss.

My son was killed by a DUI driver in 2003. Immediately after his passing, while talking to a visitor to my house, the visitor fainted. She later told me that while talking to me, she could see my son laying on the couch next to us, watching and listening to us talk. A school custodian reported that as she had locked up the gymnasium and secured it, she heard a bouncing basketball. When she went to investigate, she could see my son playing basketball. Her husband walking up behind her a moment later also could see him playing basketball. Another student reported while watching television in her living room, my son walked into her living room in front of her with bright white light radiating out from him, told her everything was okay, and then walked away. My brother while walking across a gym floor in Fort Worth reported seeing his nephew with arms reaching out to him. As he reached to grab his nephew, his nephew faded away. I saw a young man wandering around the cemetery, looking like a visitor just looking around. He was dressed in white clothing and seemed to glow. As I approached, the young man walked behind a tall headstone. I could find no one in the cemetery, but got a strong feeling that the individual was my son. At the end of the last school year, a custodian was cleaning the windows on the double doors of the gym. She watched a H.S. boy who had been working out, walk across the floor towards the doors where she was cleaning. Just before he got to the doors, she made eye contact with him, he smiled at her, when she opened the door for him, and he was not there. Her son reported later; while in class, he and his friend watched a H.S. boy appear in the front of the class, watching the screen for several minutes, then fade away. Later when mother and son both saw pictures of my son, they both identified him as my son.

(He has been observed in full-body form numerous times.) He was reported to always be radiating bright white light. These are just a few of reported sightings. A lady said that he spoke to her and that his voice was clear and distinct.

Story submitted by Hugh Mantooth

Holy Friday Mystery.

A few days after a mysterious incident happened about two months ago, the thought if there would be another mystery soon for me to write came to mind. Well, the reply to my thought did not take very long before I had to write again. As always, I must write and record no more than the truth.

I thought it should be known beforehand that I live alone. My dwelling is one of the most tightly secured in this building. Inside and outside it debases a clam or an oyster. Hence any kind of non-forcible human intrusion is better than 97% impossible.

Tuesday 19 Apr. 2011 I cooked one of my favorite dishes of fish and vegetables for dinner. There were 8 fish. I ate the first 2 together with some vegetables that evening and kept the leftover in the casserole in the refrigerator. It was to be for my dinner during the evenings which followed.

I never tallied how many fish I had already eaten until dinner time Thursday. After heating the dish on the stove I discovered there were only 2 fish left underneath the vegetables. That was strange! I don't eat that fast. Also, now there was too much vegetables and not enough fish. I don't eat this way either. I prefer enough of every sort. Well, I shrugged. I ate one of the 2 and most of the vegetables and left only enough to go with the last fish. I remember saying to myself I would keep this last fish for tomorrow's dinner.

Holy Friday dinner time. I was about to transfer the hot dish into the bowl when I saw 3 fish in the casserole. Now there was too much fish and not enough vegetables. I was astounded, bewildered and puzzled! That could not be. I was absolutely sure there was only one fish left the night before! I knew it. Another inexplicable mystery had just occurred and sooner than I thought.

Today 23 Apr. 2011 I must oblige by writing down and recording the mystery as well as the events which happened lest my mind be bothered and sleep be hard to come for who knows how long. I paused and pondered. From my tally, 2 fish were taken and missing Thursday evening. 2 fish appeared from nowhere Friday evening. I did not do this! No human burglar, joker or prankster could have done this! Hairs were rising while I was writing. I know that is how I will be whenever I read this mystery again.

Moreover, I bought and refrigerated the 8-pack fish a little over 3 weeks ago. It was compelling but I had no purpose for doing so.

Catholics by tradition do not eat meat during the Holy Week. I am a Catholic but I do not follow customs or traditions. The Holy Week started on April 17th I did not buy the fish for the Holy Week. I dressed and cooked the fish on the 19th because I ran out of meat not because it was Holy Week. I never intended to, but the dish lasted up to Holy Friday, April 22nd when the mystery occurred. I ate the 3 mysterious fish and finished the dish that evening because there was nothing else for dinner, not because it was Holy Friday.

In retrospect I realized I never planned any of my actions here and yet they, together with the mystery, just fit together like a jigsaw puzzle; the same pattern as before. Again my question: What is the purpose or reason for this paranormal mystery? Is it to convey a message there is such a thing as Holy Friday? May be I should indeed eat fish during the Holy Week from here on. Furthermore, may be I should start believing in superstitions. Yes, certainly but ... why the fish?

Electrical Wire Mystery.

Another incident for which I have no explanation happened this morning, 07Mar2011. It was not remarkably frightening or scary, nevertheless inexplicable mystery related to the small electrical project for my car which I had to do last week (I can no longer recall the exact date). It deserved to be written and kept in my files.

I have no garage where I could work on the project, so I drove to one of my favorite parks to do the work. This is not uncommon in this city. There was heavy fog just before noon that day with only about half a mile visibility. The park was awfully quiet and practically desolate. I parked my car and started work to revise the wiring of the power circuit of the alarm. I used a length of the roll of red wire. After finishing the connections and testing the circuit, it was time to stow away the tools and electrical materials. It had begun to rain. I rolled up the leftover red wire into a neat 3-inch diameter and put it into the box of materials. Now, in this box was another roll of red wire which I packed up in my gear that morning to make sure I had enough wire. Call this roll of red wire "Wire X". I put the leftover wire right on top of it in the box. I left the park at around 3:30 PM. It was raining hard when I reached home probably about an hour later.

That evening, before stowing the gears in the storage closet, I opened the box of materials to put in a pack of plastic straps. I noticed "Wire X" was missing. I tried to recall as hard as I could anything which I could have possibly done with "Wire X" in the park. I very clearly remembered two things. First, I never touched it as there was more than enough wire length from the other roll of red wire which I used. Second I put the leftover wire right on top of it in the box. So, whatever happened to "Wire X"? I refused to think of any other explanation than, well, it somehow probably dropped on the ground while I was stowing my gears and I did not see it. Silly. And so, I just assumed I lost "Wire X" in the park.

This morning I decided to rearrange the lot of stuff in my tool closet. Lo and Behold! "Wire X" was standing on the floor, leaning against my old diploma plaque behind one of the old tool boxes! Nobody, not even I, could have found it without the painstaking work of hauling boxes and boxes of tools and a whole lot of stuff out of the closet. But why did I choose to rearrange all the stuff in my closet this morning, and not next month or next year? Divine if I knew. All I can say is: It so happened so I would find "Wire X" this morning and know beyond doubt that the event was another paranormal mystery.

For what a little roll of red wire is worth and as trifle as this event might seem, I see the latent value in the paranormal mystery and my actions fitting together like a jigsaw puzzle. Had it not been for this puzzle, this "Wire X" incident would have been nothing but a natural scenario of a roll of red wire lost in the park. I wouldn't have even written this incident. But it is very clear there was much, much more than just a scenario. There is reason to believe that events, especially magnified events, in human lives do not happen on their own under certain circumstances. Rather they are part of a puzzle in which paranormal mystery is involved.

Story submitted by parawonder

Paper Money Mystery.

On 06Feb2011 I went shopping for a snow shovel. I needed one whenever I have to dig out my car stuck in snow or dig in snow to park. I found and bought one in a hardware store not too far away. The total price was $14 plus change. I paid the cashier $100. Now for the change he counted onto my palm four brand new crispy $20's, five $1's and change. I slid this $85 change in one compartment of my wallet, call this "partition A", apart from the cash already in the other compartment, call this "partition B".

Next I drove to the grocery store. My total purchase was $12 plus change. There was not enough cash in "partition B" so I had to pull one of the crispy $20 from "partition A". I was distraught to find there were only three $20's. There should be four! To be absolutely sure, I counted the cash piece by piece. No doubt there were only three brand new $20's. I slid the cash back into my wallet. I immediately thought the hardware cashier had cheated me by some cunning magician's trick. I lost $20 I murmured.

I was so distraught and embarrassed my forehead began sweating and the cashier probably noticed my worried composure. For a minute I wanted to tell her to cancel the purchase and then I would drive like hell back to the hardware store to complain and demand the correct change. But I changed my mind. I decided to complete this purchase and do that next.

Distraught or not the business at hand was to pay for the waiting groceries. I pulled out one of the crispy $20's from "partition A". While handing her the payment an old and wrinkled $20 bent away and separated from the brand new crispy $20. I immediately snatched it and inserted it between the two crispy $20's in my wallet. The two $20 bills probably adhered to each other so tightly that I counted them as one. This is a common inconvenience in counting brand new crispy paper money ... or so I thought.

Boy! Was I relieved to know I did not lose $20 and that the hardware cashier did not cheat me. Not only that, I was also saved from a hasty trip back to the hardware store as well as from yet another embarrassment or trouble.

I left the grocery store and this day would have been just ordinary and uneventful. But as I was driving home, it occurred to me that something astonishingly incredible had just happened. I remembered the paranormal. I knew it was paranormal. I just did not know what the purpose or reason was.

Story submitted by parawonder

Voices in the head.

A few paranormal occurrences happened and attracted my curiosity after I had turned 27. During that time I was still fresh from college and had a few work experiences but was unemployed. I was living with my parents and my brothers and sisters; quite a wholesome family and healthful environment. There were no deaths or anything material or historical in the house or on the piece of land which would induce, invite or invoke spiritual activities, as the popular and wide belief.

The occurrences were mostly bewildering or better yet, wonderful, except a few that were somewhat hair-raising but not really frightening or spectacularly scary. The most dreadful and annoying was the male and female voice(s) inside my head. What is perplexing in this paranormal mystery (ordeal) is the voice(s) is not heard through the ears but inside your head. It is not and is entirely different from your thought. Your mind functions normally but the voice(s) just keeps on saying things uninterruptedly inside your head ... all kinds of things, including derision's, disbelief, dismay on you to the point of breaking you down and making you hopeless. They know everything about you, what you've done, including your quilts. They even have conversations! The worst part is the voice(s) begins and resumes anytime and anywhere you are. Sleep is hard to come, eventually leading to insomnia.

There was nothing I knew to expunge the voice(s) therefore there was nothing I could do. I tried going to church. The weather had been stormy during that time but a thunderstorm suddenly erupted the minute I entered the church. The voice began saying things uninterruptedly and unperturbed by my prayers and the priest's lead. All the symbols of Jesus Christ, the church itself, prayers, direct priest's blessings as well as Catholic rituals were of no use. I went home walking through flood and blinding lightning's and deafening thunders overhead that evening. For the insomnia, I had to consult a doctor. Medium strength sleeping capsules and tranquilizing syrup were the prescription. The prescription sometimes worked, sometimes didn't and when it didn't I went sleepless but no more than three days. Sleep came no matter what on the fourth day. A 20-minute sleep felt like I had slept a full 8 hours.

I can no longer remember how long this ordeal lasted, I guess 2 or 3 weeks. It dissipated and disappeared by itself, but it was really dreadful while it lasted. I suffered.

This kind of paranormal is malevolent. The ordeal will surely overcome a weak mind or wisdom and eventually lead to gruesome ending. The subject must beware and avoid following any instructions or prompts from the mysterious voice(s).

Of all the things that the bothersome voice(s) said in my head, there was one which got imprinted in my memory. I do not remember the statement verbatim, but the voice said something like: "We all made mistakes ... mistakes that ... When the time is ripe, we'll get you anywhere you are." I am still pondering and waiting for whatever that statement means.

The good paranormal has not left me completely alone after all these years. They still visit me no matter how rarely. I guess because they know they are my only genuine extraordinary friends. They are bewildering and wonderful. I will very soon send recent ones for posting.

Story submitted by parawonder

Dad's house! Haunted?

I was at my dad's place a few years back, and I was on the computer looking up videos on You Tube. After awhile, the computer started not working, but that was normal. (it was late in the night, by the way). So I got up and turned off the screen. The room was almost pitch black. The room I was sleeping in at the time was the living room, and the TV was on. As I turned to face the door, I could swear that I felt something go through me. Being freaked out, I ran out to the couch, and didn't leave until morning. I still remember that after about 5 years. Recently I've experienced other things there. I'll place something somewhere, and it'll end up on the floor, or in another place altogether. If its in a different place, it tends to be someone else. Also, the back door that leads out to the porch has a window with curtains next to it. According to my dad, he closed the door, but the curtains didn't move. Not strange? He opened and closed the door numerous times and it barely moved at all, when normally it would sway back and forth. I've also heard a couple voices that seem to belong to a spirit, but they don't come very often. I can't always make out what they say, but one time, not too long ago, I swear I heard a girl say, and I quote "Help... I don't want to be alone!" And she sounded a little sad. This is by far the most paranormal thing that's happened.

Story submitted by Dylan Wagner

Haunted PLQ building

I am a Security Officer/Tech-Medic on the Trans Alaskan Pipeline. I have been assigned duty at Pump Station 3, mile 316 of the Dalton Hwy. This station is supposed to be shutting down, but as I am here working, it obviously has not. There are several abandoned buildings that are without power or services. One of them is an old 3-story PLQ (Personal Living Quarters). I was told it was haunted. Being a sceptic I said Yeah right. What ever! Yesterday was my first Internal Patrol of the PLQ. No lights, and frozen (it's January above the Arctic Circle). So, yeah, a little spooky, but everything up here is spooky on some level. I had just entered the building and was beginning to investigate when a phone in an old office started ringing. I couldn't find it at first. Then when I went to pick it up (it rang in my hands as I was picking it up - I did not imagine this!) the phone was dead. Nothing, no ring tone, no power. O.K. creepy. As I set the receiver down more phones somewhere in the building began to ring. I told myself F- this! I'm outa here. Some one is messing with me. I then went to our mechanic shop, and called the only people on site and off site who might have access to the old PLQ phone number listings. They couldn't figure out why was asking, and repeatedly told me that I couldn't have heard a phone. There's no power or service there. At lunch, the old lead-tech told me that several of these stations are haunted and proceeded to regale me with other spooky encounters. Maybe I was hallucinating for the first time in my life, but I would swear on any document that is what happened.

Story submitted by Jamie Newton

Haunted painting

My Grandmother had this painting in her attic for twenty five years. She said it was evil. She told us she used to see the dark figure of a man around the house and at night she heard strange noises and crying. She told me the artist committed suicide shortly after finishing it and that he had used his own blood mixed in with the oils. After she died we got the painting, it is currently in our basement. Shortly after we got the painting various members of the family started seeing the dark figure of a man. At night we began hearing noises and just recently we have heard crying and moaning. The painting is still in our house and although I never believed in the supernatural I am now convinced there is something evil about this painting.....

image of this painting

Malevolent ghosts

I am telling you that I have been haunted by ghosts for the past year now, I first saw one in my home last year about this time, he appeared in human form completely dressed and I saw color in his face. I still remember what he looked like and how old he was. At first they did not hurt me and were just talking at me, I know there are at least 6 of them. They can read my very thoughts and know my whole life history, they now have been hurting me and have been for a very long time now. They call me filthy names and say they want to cut off my head and they have hurt my head in more ways than I can count. They keep saying they are killing me and with what they have done to me I think they are. I am afraid of them and they know it. I just want people to know there are demonic or manipulated ghosts out there and to be warned about them. Ghosts are they real? YES, because they are putting me through the worst danger of my life. They tell me they don't care, because they already died and can come here and do what they want to. Afraid for my life in Arizona. They also told me I would be the first person killed by a ghost.

story submitted by Cheryl Miller

A fathers story

I have had many ghost experiences. I will tell you one: One evening my son came into my room exclaiming that there was a ghost in his room. I put my attention to his room and told him that it was a friendly ghost and it just wanted some company. He implored me to do something (experience). As I walked to his room I realized this time I'd make him point to it as proof I am not crazy. He did but not before I looked but I made like I was scanning the room. Not the proof I really was looking for, but better than nothing. I invited the ghost into my room as I promised that I'd do something about the ghost. I was back reading, the ghost in the corner, I smiled and said make yourself at home. Seconds later my son came in all excited exclaiming that the ghost was gone, and tripping one the last word he said, looked into the corner where the ghost was pointed his finger at it and exclaimed,Dad, the ghost is in your room now! I explained that I invited it to stay with me because it was lonely. My son protested but I assured him that the ghost was going to stay in my room. I'd finally got my clear proof. The next day the ghost had moved on and I asked my son about his experience. He said that the ghost was palpable, very palpable. This is just one of many, and one of the easiest.

© Steve Smith

Haunted Hospital

I work in an office in a hospital which used to be the oncology ward. Occasionally something weird happens but can usually be explained away by something tangible. Last Sunday morning I was early to work and I was the only person in the building which requires a swipe card to gain entry. While the computer was booting up I walked around the corridor to the kitchen to make coffee and as I passed the male toilet the door suddenly slammed shut very, very hard, as if it had been kicked. The doors in this department are all very heavy and hard to push open or closed. I gathered my courage and opened the door, there was no one there.

The department is completely enclosed with no way to open windows so there was no breeze (not that a breeze would have been enough to close the door anyway). The air conditioning is quite often turned off on the weekends as well but to be honest, I didn't think of checking whether it was on. I admit to being very spooked and was grateful when my big strong male colleague arrived. I KNOW that something weird happened and now I'm wary of entering the department. I have never heard of a ghost hurting anyone or killing anyone but I'm scared anyway.

story submitted by Chirley Ericson.

A Personal Story

First started when I was round about 7-8 years old, I remember moving into a new bungalow in England. When we were first looking at the house, I remember being petrified of the house, I can remember hearing thunder and lightning and it felt like the room was shaking, no one else seemed to hear or feel anything. My parents liked the house and soon we moved in. I don't remember this part at all, it is like my memory has been wiped clean, but both my parents have told me the stories. My mother used to hear me talking in the middle of the night and come into my room to find me talking and looking at something at the end of my bed, when asked who I was talking to I would reply, The man in the tall hat. There have been many incidents round about this time. I was not allowed to open the front door at that age, and our front door had that glass where you could only make out shapes. My uncle came to the door and my father was sleeping, I walked past the door to wake up my father. When my uncle was finally let in the house he asked why my father hadn't let him in, when he had explained he had been sleeping, my uncle replied, I seen you walk past with Natalie. He had seen the shape of a man walking behind me as I was walking. There had also been times when someone would look at me, look away and double back claiming there had been a man behind me.

Other incidents include, when I moved back to Scotland, I was about 11-12, and I woke up during the night because I was needing the toilet. I sleep with my room door closed and when I walked to my door just as I was about to turn the handle, There was an almighty banging, as though someone had slammed their fists on my door several times. I got an initial shock, but the first thing I done was fling my door open, to find nothing there. I just went back to bed.

More recent things were roughly 2 weeks ago, I am now 18 years old. I was on my computer and my printer turned on. My printer has to be turned on manually by the button, I thought I could have just accidentally touched it with my foot, so I turned it off. Two minutes later, it flashed on again (I hadn't touched this time) and then turned back off.

I was in my room and doing my hair, when a photo of me and my boyfriend fell on my head from my shelf. There was nothing that could have caused the photo frame to have fallen. Later that night, I went to bed to find a picture of a friend of mine that had passed away recently on my bed. This was very creepy.
Story submitted by Natalie Probert.

Is it back?

To understand exactly WHAT is back, you may want to read my other story.

It is a really long story, that explains what I think I'm seeing now, 8 years later. I am now 16 years old, and until a few months ago, I thought I had escaped whatever was haunting me at my old house.

It all started the night after my friend got hit by a car. He wasn't killed, but simply fractured his back in several places. It was done on purpose, so naturally I was extremely nervous that something could happen again. I didn't sleep for about a week because I was so paranoid, and when I did sleep, I had nightmares of ghosts and demons haunting my boyfriend and I, violently killing my boyfriend. (I don't know how this is relevant to my friend being hurt, but somehow my being scared and not sleeping led to these nightmare I'm assuming.) One morning, I was in the kitchen fixing something to eat. I glanced outside through my big glass French front doors, and saw a black shadow in the shape of a man. I looked back, and it was gone. I considered the fact that I hadn't slept in a few weeks, and simply ignored what I thought I had just seen.

The nightmares continued. No more than a week after "seeing" the"shadowed man" as I call him, he was back. And this time I was sure. Everybody has those dreams where they are falling, or perhaps being grabbed, and they jump and wake up. I felt something grab my ankle, and I woke myself up from jumping so violently. I sat up to grab a drink of water from my nightstand, and when I looked back, there was a black shadow in the shape of a man near the foot of my bed, where my legs had been. I blinked a few times and it was gone, but I remained frozen. It felt like an hour before I gathered the courage to turn on my lamp. The shadowed man was gone, but I still felt as if I was being watched. Perhaps I was being paranoid, but when most people think that they may have experienced something, they say "It was like nothing I have ever felt before." but the thing is, I have had this feeling before. It feels just like when I was at my old house- the one I lived to prior to this one. I always felt as if I was being watched and felt unsafe, if that makes any sense. It was the same feeling I had before. I broke down crying, and needless to say, I did not sleep that night.

About two months passed, and nothing happened. I began to think that maybe what had happened was just a realistic nightmare. But I was quickly convinced that it wasn't. I was at my mom's boyfriends house, a few hours from where I live. We all slept in the same room. They were in their bed, and I was on the couch. I was sleeping rather good, when I suddenly woke up. I thought nothing of it because I wake up around 2 times a night to get something to drink or maybe go to the bathroom. I didn't feel like getting up, so I just laid back down and tried to go back to sleep. Just as I was dozing off, something grabbed my shoulder. I was facing the back of the sofa, so without looking back I assumed it was my mom and muffled"Leave me alone. Go away. I'm sleeping." Then I heard "No. I'm never leaving." It was the most evil voice I have ever heard in my life. It was nothing like in the horror movies. It gives me the chills just thinking of the voice. It was a deep, growl.

That was about two months ago, and I have not seen the shadowed man. I have had dreams where I become possessed. I am laying in my bed violently shaking and moaning. I have woken myself up both times because I could feel myself shaking. I hope that this could be the end of whatever is going on, but my gut is telling me that this isn't over. I talked to my priest and he said that it was because of fears that demons were taking advantage of me, but I can't think of what I could be scared of. In the beginning, yes, that would have made sense. I was scared for my friends life, but that is all done and taken care of. Why is the shadowed man still here?

Story submitted by Hannah Caulfield

Shaking bed

My 8 yr old granddaughter and I were sleeping together in my queen bed. Absolutely, I never been bothered before by anything weird or paranormal in this house or any other in my life. I had no scary dreams or watched any scare movies and I don't drink or take drugs. That night late I woke up to my bed shaking violently, I was horrified to realized that my body was totally paralyzed and I was unable to move or even speak intelligibly which I tried in vein to do, trying to rouse my granddaughter up to turn on the light. I managed to mumble and move about like I had been tied down. That bed was a very large solid bed. We had no reports of earth quakes and I am to this day baffled as to what happened to me. To this day I have no explanation but have heard of others this has happened to as well. This lasted only what seemed like a few minutes but it was the scariest thing that has ever happened to me and my granddaughter has a vivid memory of that night as well.

Story submitted by Penny Spence

If you have a ghost story of your own and would like to submit please click here

Copyright 2016. All rights reserved // Design by elemis.