A glossary of paranormal terms
- 1 - a medieval chemical science and speculative
philosophy aiming to achieve the transmutation of the
base metals into gold, the discovery of a universal
cure for disease, and the discovery of a means of
indefinitely prolonging life
2 - a power or process of transforming something common
into something special
3 - an inexplicable or mysterious transmuting
- 1 - deviation from the common rule -
2 - something anomalous : something different,
abnormal, peculiar, or not easily classified.
- The visual aspect of a ghost or spirit.
- ASTRAL PROJECTION
- The phenomenon of projecting the soul or spirit for
- The power or faculty of hearing something not
present to the ear but regarded as having objective
- 1 - the power or ability of discerning objects not
present to the senses.
- 2 - ability to perceive matters beyond the range of
- DEJA VU
- 1 - The illusion of remembering scenes and events
when experienced for the first time.
- 2 - A feeling that one has seen or heard something
before Something overly or unpleasantly familiar.
- 1 - The study of demons and evil spirits.
- 2 - Belief in demons - a doctrine of evil
- 1 - The art or practice that seeks to foresee or
foretell future events or discover hidden knowledge
usually by the interpretation of omens or by the aid of
- 2 - Unusual insight - intuitive perception.
- A ghostly counterpart of a living person.
- To find (as water or minerals) by dowsing.
- The feeling of understanding, being aware of, being
sensitive to, and vicariously experiencing the
feelings, thoughts, emotions, and experience of
another, of either the past or present without having
the feelings, thoughts, and experience fully
communicated in an objectively explicit manner; also -
the capacity for this.
- ESP (extrasensory perception)
- Perception (as in telepathy, clairvoyance, and
precognition) that involves awareness of information
about events external to the self not gained through
the senses and not deducible from previous
- EVP (electronic voice phenomena)
- The recording of unexplained sounds or voices on
- FAITH HEALING
- A method of treating diseases by prayer and
exercise of faith in God.
- The soul or spirit of a deceased person.
- 1-a Quick and ready insight.
- 2-a Immediate apprehension or cognition.
- b-Knowledge or conviction gained by intuition.
- c -The power or faculty of attaining to direct
knowledge or cognition without evident rational thought
- The act or process of levitating; ie, The rising or
lifting of a person or object by means held to be
- Beyond the range of scientifically known or
recognized as normal. Covers the range of the rare,
supernatural or unusual.
- The science concerned with the investigation,
especially by experimental means of events that are not
accounted for by natural laws and that are considered
to be evidence of mental telepathy, clairvoyance, and
psychokinesis and other paranormal phenomena.
- An abnormal fear of ghosts, spirits, or
- PAST LIFE RECALL
- To have memories, or flashbacks of having lived in
another time period.
- A noisy usually mischievous ghost or sprit thought
to be responsible for unexplained noises, rapping,
footsteps. etc. Some poltergeist activity may be
related to psychokinesis of a living person.
- Clairvoyance relating to an event or state not yet
- PRECOGNITIVE DREAMS
- To have dreams of events that has not yet been
- To predict future events before they happen.
- A generalized term for paraschological abilities
such as remote viewing, ESP, psychokinesis. It is the
23rd letter of the Greek Alphabet.
- 1 -Lying outside the sphere of normal physical
science or knowledge : immaterial, moral, or spiritual
in origin or force.
- 2 -One who is sensitive to nonphysical or
supernatural forces and influences, marked by
extraordinary or mysterious sensitivity, perception, or
- PSYCHOKINESIS (PK)
- See Telekinesis.
- Divination of facts concerning an object or its
owner through contact with or proximity to an
- REMOTE VIEWING (RV)
- To visualize through sight, or feelings, shielded
information or natural or structural features. related
- To gain insight by gazing into a crystal ball,
water, fire or other random media.
- Meaningful coincidences that are sometimes caused
by subconscious psychic activity.
- To move or levitate an object without physical
contact. To move an object with thought alone.
- The knowing what others are thinking. The ability
to communicate with others on a psychic level without
the necessity of spoken language.
- The likeness or apparition of a living person seen
just before death, a ghost or spirit.